Interested in a part-time job? We are looking for someone to help supervise children in our after school club.
Acorns Breakfast & After School Club is based at Hillcroft Primary School and provides quality childcare for children between the ages of 3 and 11. We are looking for someone to join our team on a permanent basis to work at our after school club in the afternoons. This is a great opportunity for a valued member of the local community. Whether you are looking for a job to fit in with your family commitments, early retirement, or looking for a great part time position, this could be the perfect job for you
About Hillcroft Primary School
Hillcroft is a happy, vibrant and forward thinking school, our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child is nurtured to achieve their personal best. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of four GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Be enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Have an interest in the play needs of children
• Be able to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, and other outdoor and indoor games
• Be proactive, using their own initiative to differentiate activities to ensure full inclusion for all abilities and ages.
• Be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children and values parental involvement.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
Why work at Hillcroft Primary School
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Primary, Marden Lodge Primary and Whyteleafe Primary), encouraging a collaborative approach to working
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Hours: 2.45pm - 6pm, 5 days a week (16.25 per week), 42 weeks of the year (term time plus 3 weeks)
Salary: Associate 2 £179000 - £21000 (FTE)
Pro Rata: £7485 - £8782
Closing date for applications: 28th September 2020
Interview date: TBA
We usually encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school, however in the current climate we are unable to have visitors. If you would like more information about the role, or a virtual tour of the school, please contact Wendy Vicars via the school office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.