We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic HLTA to deliver high quality teaching and learning, to cover classes throughout the school allowing teachers to be released for PPA and subject leadership time.
The successful candidate will be required to plan and prepare lessons under the direction of the class teacher and the leadership team. The successful candidate should have an HLTA qualification.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody to grow and develop within a growing and expanding Multi Academy Trust with great job training opportunities and the chance to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum.
About Hillcroft Primary School
Hillcroft is a Primary school for children aged 4-11 years of age with a Nursery catering for children from 3 years of age. Our dedicated and enthusiastic staff aim to provide the best education for all our children by ensuring they are supported, engaged and inspired in their learning. Hillcroft Primary is part of the Chalklands Cluster, working alongside 3 other Primary schools in the Caterham area. This provides a collaborative approach to working, which means all the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience for the local community.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Plan, prepare and teach a range of motivating and engaging lessons with support from the class teachers and leadership team.
• In conjunction with the class teacher, and under direction from the leadership team, ensure that the progress of students is being monitored and tracked.
• Participate in the evaluation of the support programme as part of school self-evaluation processes.
• Provide regular feedback about students to the class teachers.
Why work at Hillcroft Primary School
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive and approachable senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Job satisfaction
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued worker scheme
35 hours per week 39 weeks of the year term time.
Salary: £21,837 FTE
Pro Rata: £18098
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Closing date for applications - 6th July at midday
Interview date – TBA
: Wendy Vicars 01883-342606
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.