Are you looking for a Term Time role? Do you have a passion to help children to be the best that they can be?
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join our friendly and hard working team at Cordwalles Junior School
About the school
At Cordwalles Junior School, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community.
The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
Through our partnership with GLF, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools.
Cordwalles is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. It provides children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support. Our core purpose each day is to facilitate engagement in, and for, learning and discovery. Our staff share a commitment to delivering exciting and engaging lessons and to a relentless drive towards raising the attainment of all pupils, regardless of their different starting points.
Cordwalles is graded as a ‘GOOD’ school in all areas by Ofsted (2017). The successful candidate will work alongside, support the teacher, and make effective use of resources in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone to:
• Assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help children access the curriculum
• Lead and support activities, indoors and outdoors to meet the specific needs of children
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
• Relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
Why work at Cordwalles Junior School
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• Staff benefits through the GLF Trust
• A great environment to work in
• Regular on-the-job training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
• Supportive and approachable senior management team.
Salary: £13,740 pro-rata of £17,322 (Grade 3/4 of the support staff pay scale).
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm for 39 weeks per year plus a weekly staff meeting (33.5 hrs per week).
Closing Date: 24th June 2020
Interview Date : TBC
Start Date: 1st September 2020
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.