An exciting opportunity has become available for a Lunchtime Play Leader at Lightwater Village School.
The successful candidate will support the supervision of children in the dining area and play areas to ensure the orderly conduct, welfare and safety of children during school lunch breaks. We are looking for a pro-active individual to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team, build good working relationships with both children and adults and demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude towards all our children.
About Lightwater Village School
Rated as Outstanding by OFSTED, Lightwater Village School is a 2 form entry infant school, serving the community of LIghtwater and the surrounding villages. Lightwater Village School is also part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools, being partnered with the adjacent junior school, and is an academy within the GLF Schools Academy Trust. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our friendly staff and our wonderful pupils.
What we are looking for
The candidate we are looking for should:
- Ensure children remain within permitted areas of the school during the lunch break and to intervene in any situation where the safety of a child may be at risk
- Supervise the movement of children between classrooms, play and dining areas from the start of lunch break until classes re-commence, and to ensure orderly conduct in the dining area
- Initiate and encourage positive play
- Organise play activities that are age appropriate
Why work at Lightwater Village School?
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent staff CPD opportunities
Salary: Associate 1 FTE £17,457
Pro Rata: £947
Hours of work: Term time only; Monday 11:20-12:30; Tuesday 12:00-13:10 (exact timings may change over time in line with Covid-19 guidance, but the role will remain over the lunchtime period)
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st September @10:00
Interview date: Wednesday 23rd September
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.