Are you ambitious and innovative?
Do you have the passion and skills to be part of our school office team?
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive receptionist / office assistant to work as part of our administration team in our busy office environment. This varied role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department, developing their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will have experience of working in an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents and carers on a daily basis. As an Office Assistant the successful candidate will play an integral role in partnership with the Office Manager and Office staff in shaping the future and growth of Southgate Primary School.
About Southgate Primary School
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley Community. At Southgate Primary School we want every child to succeed and we give them opportunites and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and provides the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of schools systems SIMS is desirable
- Experience working in a busy school office environment
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the office manager and leadership team
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
- In possession of A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office
Why work at Southgate Primary school
- Committed to making a difference to children's lives by supporting the work in our improving school
- An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
To start 'ASAP 'to meet the demands of a busy school, we have a post available within the school office, for which the working hours per week will be 37.5 hours - 5 days a week, 39 weeks a year; Term time only. Hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm. Flexible working or job share within these hours would be considered for the right candidate.
Salary: Associate 2 - £17,900
Pro Rata: £16,040
Hours of work: 37.5 a week (8.30-4.30pm), 5 days a week
Closing date for applications: 18th September 2020
Interview dates: 23rd September 2020 (interviews to take place via video call)
Please contact the school office on 01293-525-966 and speak to Andrea Pollard, Office Manager, for more information.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.