We are seeking to appoint a temporary Special Needs Assistant to work with a child in our Reception Class. Experience of working 1-2-1 with a child would be desirable but we will consider applications from
individuals with previous school or childcare experience.
About Warlingham Village School
Challenge - Inspire - Discover
We are part of GLF Schools and work closely with our local cluster of Schools named Chalklands. These include Hillcroft Primary, Marden Lodge Primary School and Whyteleafe Primary School.
At Warlingham Village we work alongside our families to provide additional experiences and opportunities that are essential for children to thrive. Therefore, we have developed a curriculum that incorporates a wider range of key life skills, topic-based experiences as well as academic excellence. We have friendly and committed staff who follow our Vision Statement of Challenge, Inspire and Discover.
What we are looking for
• A friendly and positive attitude
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behavior.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be a confident and clear communicator.
• Be committed to their development and learning.
• Have previous experience of working with children
Why work at Warlingham Village Primary:
• A first-class learning and working environment and welcoming and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and enjoy learning
• Outstanding CPD opportunities through our collaboration with other GLF schools and GLF Teaching School
• The opportunity to be part of the schools’ continuing journey of improvement to be outstanding, working with a dedicated and hard-working staff, supportive parents and active Governance
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: G3 FTE £17900 - £20781
Pro-rata :£13634 - £15828
Hours : 32.5 hours over 5 days
Closing date for applications : 17th September 2020
Interview date : TBC
To find out more or have an informal conversation, please contact Anna Hallett, Head of School, on 07928-792399.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.