Are you in search of a new opportunity to lead a department in an Ofsted Outstanding, supportive and high performing school? We are looking to recruit an outstanding Head of Department for a January 2021 start.
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Head of Department who is able to provide the vision and strategic leadership for our excellent Geography Department. You will join a team of ambitious middle leaders who are committed to providing an outstanding educational experience for all our students.
The Geography team is both friendly and supportive, committed to professional development, learning from each other and sharing good practice. Working together, the department have created a positive learning environment and provide a good learning experience for our students who work hard and want to do well. Large numbers of students opt for the subject at GCSE and A Level and our exam results are among the best in the school. We look forward to welcoming a new Head of Department who will share in our commitment to the continuing success of the department.
Why choose us
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we offer:
• An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• A successful NQT support programme including a bespoke learning programme and protected time with no cover expectations.
• Classrooms with Smart Boards.
• Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
• Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
What we are looking for:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner, who is able to provide the vision and strategic leadership for the department.
• Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, committed to working as part of a team.
• Have the ability to motivate both students and your peers with a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress.
• Be passionate about student welfare.
Salary Scale: Main Range/Upper Pay Range London (Fringe) plus TLR for Head of Department
Working Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 5 October 2020
Start Date: January 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.